The antibiotic ‘discovery void’
The Antimicrobial Memory Recovery Programme aims to recover the knowledge, data, and assets of forgotten, abandoned, or withdrawn antibiotics while the search for new classes is pursued, and a new generation of researchers in antibiotic R&D is championed.
Joining forces with experts
Experts’ engagement, both former and present, is vital: they can help swiftly identify promising compounds and identify and overcome antibiotic R&D roadblocks to recover programmes that may help to expand the antibiotic discovery pipeline.
Hear from the experts supporting the Memory Recovery Programme
- Build a global, leading panel of world experts in antibiotic drug discovery and development with industry and academic background
- Together with the expert panel, identify drug opportunities, including ‘early-stage, forgotten and abandoned’ antibiotics, to lead to the development of 1-2 New Chemical Entities in pre-clinical or clinical development
- Create an online hub to facilitate access of young scientists with an interest in antimicrobial discovery to experts
- Launch a training curriculum in antibiotic discovery with specific guidelines, protocols and standard operating procedures up to the planning of clinical trials
- Support international training courses in antibiotic discovery and development
- Design and implement a repository of chemicals, assay reagents, assay strains and bacterial pathogens accessible to everyone with an interest in antimicrobial discovery