AMRI aims to recover the knowledge, data, and assets of forgotten, abandoned, or withdrawn antibiotics while the search for new classes is pursued and a new generation of researchers in antibiotic R&D is championed.
- Build a global, leading panel of world experts in antibiotic drug discovery and development with industry and academic backgrounds.
- Together with the expert panel, identify drug opportunities, including ‘early-stage, forgotten and abandoned’ antibiotics, suitable for GARDP infectious disease focus.
- Create an online portal to facilitate access of young scientists with an interest in antimicrobial discovery to experts.
- Launch a training curriculum in antibiotic discovery with specific guidelines, protocols and standard operating procedures up to the planning of clinical trials
- Support international training courses in antibiotic discovery and development.
- Design and implement a repository of chemicals, assay reagents, assay strains and bacterial pathogens accessible to everyone with an interest in antimicrobial discovery.