28 October 2019
Antibiotics radically transformed our world by making previously incurable illnesses treatable. Millions of lives have been saved and our well being significantly improved as a result. This remarkable progress is threatened by the spread of antibiotic resistance and requires an urgent global response.
Join us at the World Health Summit to learn how GARDP’s ‘5 BY 25’ goal will accelerate the development and delivery of five new and improved treatments to address antibiotic-resistant infections that pose the greatest threat to health and development.
- Keynote presentations
- Dr Hanan H. Balkhy, Assistant Director-General for AMR, WHO
- Jeremy Farrar, Director, Wellcome Trust (TBC)
- Professor Dr Veronika von Messling, Director General, Life Science Division Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Germany
- GARDP’s strategy to deliver 5 BY 25:
- Dr Manica Balasegaram, Executive Director, GARDP
- Discussion and Q&A
- Concluding remarks:
- Dr Marie-Paule Kieny, Vice-chair, GARDP Board
Date: Monday 28 October 2019
Time: 14.00 –15:30
Venue: Saal 2 – America, Kosmos, Karl-Marx-Allee 131a, Berlin, Germany